How will you and your organisation benefit from this programme?
This three-day programme will help you to:
- start influencing beyond your team
- gain your voice as a leader
- explore leadership
- build confidence and self-awareness
- explore team working and team effectiveness
- develop your understanding about how organisations work
- take your first step on your leadership journey.
What will you do?
This is an intensive three-day programme designed to help you think about and explore:
- leadership and its importance in health care
- the unique responsibility leaders have to maintain the quality of care
- some practical tools for leadership and management
- finding your voice as a leader
- followership as well as leadership
- effective meetings
- enablers of effective team working
- how organisations work
- how the health and care system is structured and how to navigate this system as a leader
- the importance of developing key relationships.
The programme will also help you develop a diverse network of contacts from across the sector, something that will grow and continue to support you long after the programme has ended.
Day 1 - Focus on self
- Building your learning community
- Exploring leadership, context and purpose
- Exploring a conceptual model which will help you to:
- understand your working style and how it impacts on others
- develop your interpersonal skills
- work with difference more explicitly within teams and organisations.
Day 2 - Focus on team
- Looking at the evidence on what enables effective team working
- Skills-based development on effective meetings
- Opportunities for practical application of this learning
Day 3 - Focus on organisation
- How is the NHS structured?
- Exploration around organisations including:
- What is an organisation?
- How do organisations work?
- Formal and informal structures
- Developing key relationships