The White Paper, Equity and Excellence: liberating the NHS, represented one of the biggest shake ups of the health system since the NHS was established. We looked at the issues that it raised, analysed the reforms it suggested and commented on the topics it discussed in both a health care and wider context.
Exploring the NHS White Paper
Equity and Excellence: liberating the NHS outlines the government's vision for the NHS. Here, we look at the NHS White Paper topics in detail and suggest useful resources for further commentary and analysis.
Our coverage of the NHS White Paper
Read our verdict on the NHS White Paper, and watch video interviews with our spokespeople on the key points of our response to the consultations.
- Liberating the NHS: The right prescription in a cold climate?
- Chris Ham, John Appleby and other colleagues give their opinions
- Press release: Too far, too fast: our verdict on the coalition health reforms
- Read our consultation responses to the NHS White Paper
- What do doctors think of the NHS White Paper?
Guides on commissioning and regulation
The NHS White Paper lays out the coalition government's plans for clinical commissioning and the regulation of heatlh and social care. In this quick guides, we outline the lessons to be learned from previous commissioning models and consider how the proposed regulation plans will affect providers in England.