The Health and Social Care Bill represented the biggest shake-up of the NHS since its inception, and was implemented against the backdrop of the biggest financial challenge in its history. Read our commentary and analysis on the Bill before it became the Health and Social Care Act.
Our response to the Bill
Below, you will find our official responses to the Health and Social Care Bill.
- The Health and Social Care Bill: report stage House of Lords
- Briefing on the Health and Social Care Bill: second reading in the House of Lords
- Briefing on the Health and Social Care Bill: report and third reading
- Briefing on the Health and Social Care Bill: new amendments
- Where next for the NHS reforms? The case for integrated care
- Briefing on the Health and Social Care Bill
Our consultation responses and evidence submissions
We also contributed to a number of consultations during this period:
Steve Field announces the Future Forum's recommendations
As part of the listening exercise, Steve Field and the NHS Future Forum launched their recommendations for the Health and Social Care Bill at The King's Fund in June 2011. You can watch the launch event and hear our initial response and those of other organisations.
You can read our related press releases on these developments:
NHS reform mythbusters
Will the reforms lead to privatisation of the health system? Are there too many managers in the NHS? We picked up – and debunked – some of the myths that have been generated in the debate so far.