How will you benefit from this programme?
This programme will equip you with tools and strategies to:
- better understand your own leadership and how you take up your role in relation to others and to complex problems
- work more effectively with colleagues, patients and communities who exercise different kinds of authority and bring different perspectives
- create space to really think about what is going on when you meet resistance or encounter limitations – both your own and those of others
- build your personal resilience and capacity for learning and explore how to create resilient learning cultures
- develop a network of peers who can grow together as a cohort of future senior leaders.
What will you do on this programme?
The programme offers a blend of conceptual, experiential and applied learning to help you develop your personal leadership authority and build your capacity for working across groups and systems.
The programme draws on the well-established tools and group relations approach of our Top Manager Programme (TMP) which has been running for more than 35 years. It is delivered through a mix of:
- group work to help you understand how you take up your role in groups and systems and to explore what it is like to be on the receiving end of you
- workshops to introduce and develop key relational practices
- conceptual sessions – introducing tools and frameworks to support your experience on the programme and to apply to your leadership practice back at work
- peer work in relation to current practical challenges and developing a future network of peer leaders
- one-to-one coaching with a programme director.
The programme stands alone, but it can also provide a foundation for the TMP journey so that leaders can begin developing the personal awareness and reflective practices that underpin the Top Manager Programme.