Who is it for?
This programme is for experienced OD practitioners, leadership and development practitioners, human resources directors and transformation directors who are responsible for developing leadership and organisational capability to bring about cultural and behavioural change. You may be working in any part of the health and social care system including: local government, NHS, or a private or voluntary sector provider.
How will you benefit from this programme?
- further develop their understanding of their role as OD practitioners in the current health and social care system
- acquire a greater understanding of the forces and strategies that will enable transformational change
- develop a range of approaches to enable leaders to collaborate effectively across boundaries
- explore the development of compassionate and collaborative cultures
- create an OD community within the health and social care system that will provide ongoing support.
What will you do on this programme?
The programme will be highly interactive and experiential. It will draw on the policy expertise of The King’s Fund in areas such as sustainability and transformation plans, integrated care models, patient leadership, and patient safety.
The programme will run over five months and comprise:
- three modules: two three-day modules (modules one and two) and one two-day module (module three)
- four half-day telephone action learning sets. These will take place between the three main modules and three months after the final module. They are intended to support experimentation and implementation of new approaches.
The maximum number of participants will be 24.
Module one: Developing cultures for high-quality care
- The role of OD
- Understanding the nature of culture and change
- Incremental and transformational change
- Creating the conditions for quality improvement and innovation
Module two: Enabling leaders and encouraging talent
- Engaging the front line: clinicians and experts in the field
- Compassionate and collaborative leadership: enabling and supporting growth
- Developing inquiry and consulting skills
- Creating talent strategies
Module three: Collaborating across boundaries
- Working with the power and politics of the system
- Deploying large-group processes to build new ways of thinking
- Changing the nature of conversations across boundaries and roles
- Intra-organisation influencing
The programme will explore OD methodologies and approaches to change including: appreciative inquiry, large-group processes, dialogue, transactional analysis and systems leadership.