The Care Bill is currently being debated by MPs. The Bill will modernise the legal framework for care and support, implement the recommendations of the Dilnot report on social care funding and take forward some of the government’s commitments in response to the Francis report.
While The King’s Fund welcomes the Bill as an important stepping stone to wider reform of care and support, it will not solve the social care funding challenge, nor will it deliver the change needed to meet future health and care needs.
- See our resources around quality regulation
- Read our report: Paying for social care: Beyond Dilnot
- View our prezi: A short history of social care funding
- Find out more about the Commission on the Future of Health and Social Care in England
- Read related blogs: The Integration Transformation Fund: the foundation of a genuinely integrated system or just another brick in the wall? and A good day to bury a significant piece of legislation?
- Attend our forthcoming event: Patient safety and quality