How will you benefit from this programme?
This programme will:
- help you to become aware of your own leadership style
- explore resilience and how it influences your own personal effectiveness and relationships with others
- enable you to develop and lead a sustainable and compassionate culture
- support you to become an excellent leader who understands the values of patient-centred care and your personal responsibility to promote safe, high-quality care
- strengthen your ability to navigate a system that increasingly relies on collective leadership and team work.
What will you do on this programme?
This programme draws on experiential methods and a range of tools and models. It provides opportunities to develop your leadership skills within a multi-professional community. The programme focuses on three main themes:
- You as a leader
The programme begins by considering the impact your leadership style has on others, exploring your self-efficacy and resilience.
- You in relation to others
We will explore how you form relationships at an interpersonal level, the effect this has on patient care and how you can draw on the contribution of others to the team and service.
- Your role in the system
We help you to consider the future health and social care system and the challenge this presents to you as a leader. This will include thinking differently about how patients are cared for, the environments in which care will be delivered and the impact of the increasing involvement of the patient.
What you will need to access this programme?
In order to access the programme online you will need access to a PC (laptop or desktop), microphone, webcam and a good quality broadband connection. Sessions will be delivered using MS Teams or Zoom so you will need to ensure you can access these on your computer. We also strongly recommend that you access the programme in a quiet environment.