We offer a broad range of expertise drawn from our work as a public policy think tank, our research on service improvement, and our support for leadership and culture change. This includes:
- understanding of the health and social care landscape, from government policy to the challenges facing frontline services
- expertise in health and care policy, leadership and culture, and service delivery including perspectives from academics, economists, strategists and practitioners
- an experienced in-house team of researchers and analysts, as well as knowledge services and our own databases
- relationships with individuals across health and social care including government, regulators, commissioners, providers, representative bodies and service users
- a reputation for objectivity, impartiality and fairness, and with it, the ability to bring stakeholders together and build consensus on shared challenges.
Our clients and projects
In recent years, we have carried out a broad range of advisory projects including:
- advising central government on health policy, the regulatory framework, and how to support health care providers and the NHS workforce
- advising national regulatory bodies on options for carrying out their duties and how to support the development of the sector
- supporting professional bodies in developing policy and overseeing their professional groups
- helping commissioners and health care providers to develop plans and address strategic challenges including integrating care, addressing financial and clinical challenges, and developing new models of primary care
- bringing together groups of organisations from local health systems and helping them to develop and implement shared plans
- supporting charities and other independent organisations, including our Corporate Partners, in navigating the changing health and social care environment.
We enjoy working with a range of public, private and voluntary organisations across health and social care and, occasionally, other sectors. However, we can only work with a small number of organisations each year, focusing on projects that best match our skills and that can make the greatest difference in support of our current priorities.
We fiercely defend our reputation for objectivity and fairness. We give independent and impartial advice, without fear or favour, to all the organisations we work with. We maintain a range of sources of income, alongside our charitable endowment, ensuring that we do not depend on any individual organisation for ongoing funding. (See How we raise and spend our money for more information.)