The King's Fund piloted Schwartz Center Rounds® in the NHS from 2009-13. This work is now being being continued by The Point of Care Foundation.
About the Schwartz Center Rounds®
Developed by The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare, the Rounds support staff to provide compassionate care.
The King's Fund piloted Rounds at the Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust and at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Evaluation of both UK pilots suggested that the success the Rounds have had in the US can be replicated in the UK.
Audio/video related to Schwartz Center Rounds®
Schwartz Center Rounds® staff stories
Staff at the Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust talk about the benefits of holding Schwartz Center Rounds® sessions at their hospital.
Barbara Wren explains how Schwartz Center Rounds® work
Barbara Wren, Facilitator of Schwartz Center Rounds® at The Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust, explains how the Rounds work, who presents them and the topics that are discussed.
Marjorie Stanzler discusses the pilot Rounds taking place in England
Marjorie Stanzler, Director of Programs at the Kenneth B. Schwartz Center, Boston, talks about the programme and the pilot Rounds taking place in England.
- The contribution of Schwartz Center Rounds® to hospital culture 2012, Jocelyn Cornwell and Joanna Goodrich, 8th International Organisational Behaviour in Healthcare Conference, Dublin, April 2012
- What are Schwartz Center Rounds? Joanna Goodrich, European Association for Palliative Care, March 2013
- Supporting hospital staff to provide compassionate care: Do Schwartz Center Rounds work in English hospitals? Joanna Goodrich, Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, March 2012
- Schwartz scheme boosting staff morale in NHS, The Guardian, 17 February 2012
- The contribution of Schwartz Center Rounds® to hospital culture 2011, Jocelyn Cornwell and Joanna Goodrich, Mid Staffordshire Public Inquiry, November 2012
- Sharing the stresses of becoming a doctor, The New York Times, September 15 2011
- Supporting staff to deliver compassionate care using Schwartz Center Rounds, Nursing Times, 5 February 2010