Watch and listen to our brand new animation, which gives a whistle-stop tour of where the NHS is now – how the new organisations work and fit together – and explains that our new system is as much a product of politics and circumstance as design.
Watch the animation
Download the final animation image, showing
Share the new NHS animation
We hope you like the animation, let us know what you think and spread the word on Twitter or Facebook with the following link: www.kingsfund.org.uk/altguidenhs
More about this animation
The inspiration for the animation was a session delivered to groups of clinicians as part of our leadership development programmes. Clinicians told us how useful the session was - whilst being experts in their own part of the health system, they were less clear about how the whole, complex system fits together. Our animation aims to bring the essence of this session to a wider audience – an introduction to the new NHS in 6.5 minutes. Find out more about our leadership development work.
Further resources on the new NHS
- See our commentary and analysis on the health system - 65 years on
- View our 'Learnist' board for a visual guide through 10 key resources that will help you make sense of the new NHS
- See what the structures of the new NHS look like with our series of organograms
- View our Pinterest board for a collection of diagrams explaining the new NHS
- Catch up with the key moments that led to the Act reaching the statute book in our Health and Social Care Act timeline
- Read our report: Transforming the delivery of health and social care
- View our infographic on the complexities of the health care system in London