Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- make our website work as you'd expect
- save you having to login every time you visit the site
- remember your settings during and between visits
- improve the speed/security of the site
- allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
- continuously improve our website for you.
- collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our cookies
Our own cookies
- making our shopping basket and checkout work
- determining if you are logged in or not
- allowing you to add comments to our site
- remembering if you have already answered certain questions (eg, so that you don't need to fill in your details twice on different forms).
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded Vimeo video. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social website cookies
So you can easily 'Like' or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site. The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing.
This privacy statement only covers The King's Fund website at www.kingsfund.org.uk. This statement does not cover links within this site to other websites.