1. Bite-sized social care: What is social care?
What exactly do we mean when we talk about social care? In this video we look at what adult social care consists of, the responsibilities of local government in providing care, and the wider societal context.
2. Bite-sized social care: Who provides social care?
Social care is delivered by a wide range of organisations and professionals, and within families and communities. In this video we break down the numbers, and take a look at what people providing social care actually do.
3. Bite-sized social care: How is social care paid for?
Many people are surprised to learn that social care is not free at the point of use in the way that NHS care is. In this video we give an overview of how social care is funded.
4. Bite-sized social care: Social care, the NHS and other services
Adult social care is part of a complex system of services and support – including the NHS. This video explains the importance of different services working together to provide integrated care.
More about social care
'Home truths' report
Blogs and articles
- Social care: manifesto debacle shows need for wider debate
- Social care and the election – a divide in the road?
- We have to address the faultline between social care and the NHS
- Social care: what's in a name?
- How does the public think we should fund social care?
- Allocating social care funds: difficult decisions ahead
- What if there were community services for older people 24/7?