GSK IMPACT Awards Development Programme
The three-day Development Programme helps winners develop their organisations and their leaders. Informed by the rigorous assessment process for the awards, it is carefully tailored to the needs of each year’s award winners. It helps winners develop a range of leadership skills and gain knowledge in specialist areas such as:
- financial management and governance
- evaluation and knowledge spread
- having difficult conversations and HR
- communication styles
- developing authority and personal impact
- positioning your organisation using social media
- policy updates
- leading across a system
Feedback on the 2017 development programme
Previous participants commented on the excellent training and facilitation, its relevance to their work, how it motivated them and the unique value of working with other award-winning organisations facing similar challenges. These are some of the comments from our 2017 programme:
The content of the days truly felt tailor-made.
The design, delivery, pace and information were all excellent. I felt supported and inspired.
My view is the bar was set very high for this programme and all the facilitators more than met this threshold. They were professional, approachable, entertaining/interesting and knowledgeable.
To be honest it was all excellent!
It’s a full-on three days but I liked that and it was time well spent. The planning and content were spot on.
GSK IMPACT Awards Network
The GSK IMPACT Awards Network is a unique learning network that supports health and wellbeing charities to:
- develop their leaders on an ongoing basis, providing participants with the skills to respond to the challenges of their environment
- share experiences and expertise
- build the recognition of their significant and vital contribution to the health and social care system.
The Network started as a small pilot project in 2012 and has grown substantially since this time. It now has more than 130 members representing over 80 award-winning charities from across the United Kingdom, with seven Network events taking place in the past 12 months. The whole programme is driven by participants’ ideas and experience and is facilitated by a dedicated team of experts at The King’s Fund.
The Network explores many issues faced by health charities. Recent topics have included: maintaining organisational resilience, co-production, engaging and influencing, digitalisation and health, peer consulting, facilitation skills, plus a range of presentations from Network members to share learning.
20th anniversary review of the awards
Last year we conducted a review of the awards. Organisations told us:
- The award was a catalyst for many positive organisational changes including growth, increased funding, strategic planning, and developing and improving services.
- Many of the people leading the organisations felt isolated with limited access to training and development. The award’s programmes provided a confidential and supportive sounding board; opportunities to access training and improve practice; and somewhere to share ideas and knowledge.
- 73 per cent of survey respondents said that accessing the training and development was a key motivation for applying for the award.
GSK IMPACT Leaders Programme
Following our 20th anniversary review of the awards and consultation with previous award winners, the pilot GSK IMPACT Leaders programme was launched.
This will offer experienced members of the GSK IMPACT Awards Network the opportunity to test new ideas, push boundaries, share learning, bring parts of the health and care sector together and pioneer new approaches to care. Four awards have been offered, providing:
- £15,000 core funding
- access to small group knowledge-capture events at The King’s Fund
- access to pro-bono support from GSK.