PAC-UK, a charity offering support to those affected by adoption, was named as the overall winner of the 2017 GSK IMPACT Awards at an award ceremony held at the Science Museum in London on 18 May. As the overall winner, PAC-UK have received an additional £10,000 in funding.
- Basis Yorkshire – supporting female sex workers in Leeds and young people being sexually exploited or at risk
- Carers Leeds – providing services for unpaid carers who look after family, friends, or neighbours in Leeds
- Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre – offering support to people in Coventry who have experienced sexual or domestic abuse
- First Steps – a charity for people with eating disorders in Derbyshire
- Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust – an organisation running health development and promotion activities in South Lanarkshire
- Sahir House – an HIV support, information and advice centre in Merseyside
- Sight Cymru – supporting people in Wales who have lost or are losing their sight to live independently
- Student Minds – helping university students to look after their own mental health and support friends experiencing mental health difficulties
- Tyneside Women’s Health – a charity providing services to help women in Tyneside improve their mental health and emotional wellbeing
The following organisations received a £3,000 donation.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the GSK IMPACT Awards programme. Since the awards began in 1997, more than 420 community health care charities have received a GSK IMPACT Award and funding totalling over £5.8 million.
Previous winners of the GSK IMPACT Awards can be accessed below.
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2016 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2015 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2014 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2013 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2012 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2011 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2010 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2009 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2008 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2007 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2006 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2005 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2004 winners
- GSK IMPACT Awards: 2003 winners