The King's Fund's Health priorities for an incoming government sets out the three areas that we believe the new government should focus on. These are: responding to the financial challenge facing the NHS, improving the quality of health care, and promoting wellbeing and independence.
For further information please read our introduction to the priorities or find out about them below.
The King's Fund's priorities for an incoming government
Respond to the financial challenge facing the NHS:
- Drive productivity improvements relentlessly
- Take a measured approach to structural reform
- Foster a productive and engaged workforce
Improve the quality of health care:
- Strengthen the focus on patient experience
- Intensify efforts to improve safety
- Get smarter about measuring quality
Promote wellbeing and independence:
- Promote healthy lifestyles and renew the drive to tackle health inequalities
- Improve care for those with long-term conditions
- Introduce comprehensive reform of social care
- Increase the priority given to end-of-life care