Why are we interested in this piece of work?
Acquiring and ensuring a professional approach is a key part of becoming a doctor. But how can doctors define and adopt this professional attitude and ensure that it is kept up to date in the same way as their clinical skills? And how should professionalism adapt and change to reflect changing social values and attitudes?
The partner organisations and their representatives are:
- Chris Ham, Chief Executive, The King's Fund
- John Clark, Director of Medical Leadership and International Relations, NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
- Helen O'Sullivan, Director of the Centre of Excellence in Developing Professionalism, Liverpool University
- James Mckillop, Chair of the Undergraduate Board, General Medical Council
- Ian Gilmore, President, Royal College of Physicians
- Fiona Godlee, Editor in Chief, British Medical Journal