Notes to editors
1. For further information or interviews, please contact The King's Fund media and public relations office on 020 7307 2585, or 07831 554927. An ISDN line will be available on the day for interviews.
2. As well as the project team, Sir Derek will be assisted by an advisory steering group consisting of:
- Niall Dickson (Chair), chief executive, King's Fund
- Professor John Appleby, chief economist, The King's Fund
- Penny Banks, fellow, health and social care, King's Fund
- Jennifer Dixon, policy director, The King's Fund
- Jose-Luis Fernandez, research fellow, PSSRU, LSE
- Julien Forder, senior research fellow and deputy director, PSSRU, LSE
- Professor Martin Knapp, professor of social policy and director of PSSRU, LSE
- Janice Robinson, senior advisor, health and social care, King's Fund.
3. Sir Derek has prepared two significant reports for the government on the NHS: Securing our Future Health: Taking a Long-Term View (April 2002) and Securing Good Health for the Whole Population (February 2004). Also, in 2003, Sir Derek conducted an inquiry into Welsh health and social care.
4. The King's Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through grants. We are a major resource to people working in health, offering leadership and education courses; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.