Notes to editors
- For further information or interviews please contact the press and public affairs team on 020 7307 2585. If you are calling out-of-hours, please ring 07584 146035.
- Clinical and service integration: the route to improved outcomes was published on Tuesday 23 November 2010.
- In this report the term ‘integrated care’ is broadly used to describe the processes of bringing together organisations and professionals in primary and secondary care, as well as those working in the health and social care sectors with the aim of improving outcomes for patients.
- Torbay Care Trust is an integrated health and adult social care organisation, responsible for buying and commissioning care in the Torbay area. The Care Trust was formed as a result of historical partnership working and coterminous boundaries between the council and the Primary Care Trust.
- Ham C (2010) Working together for health: Achievements and challenges in the Kaiser NHS beacon sites programme. Birmingham: Health Services Management Centre
- From an Ipsos Mori survey cited in the above report.
- The King’s Fund is a charity that seeks to understand how the health system in England can be improved. Using that insight, we help to shape policy, transform services and bring about behaviour change. Our work includes research, analysis, leadership development and service improvement. We also offer a wide range of resources to help everyone working in health to share knowledge, learning and ideas.