Notes to editors
- For further information or interviews, please contact The King’s Fund press and public affairs office on 020 7307 2585, 020 7307 2632 or 020 7307 2581. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
- The King’s Fund is a charity that seeks to understand how the health system in England can be improved. Using that insight, we help to shape policy, transform services and bring about behaviour change. Our work includes research, analysis, leadership development and service improvement. We also offer a wide range of resources to help everyone working in health to share knowledge, learning and ideas.
- The 10 trusts participating in the projects for dementia services are: Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust; Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust; Humber Mental Health Teaching NHS Trust; Mersey Care NHS Trust; NHS North Yorkshire & York Community and Mental Health Services; Cornwall Partnership NHS Trust; Derbyshire County Primary Care Trust; Dorset HealthCare NHS Foundation Trust; Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust; Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- The prisons participating in the Enhancing the Healing Environment programme are: HMYOI Brinsford; HMP/YOI Castington; HMYOI Deerbolt; HMP/YOI Eastwood Park; HMP/YOI Forest Bank ; HMYOI & RC Glenparva; HMP Gloucester; HMP Hewell; HMP Hull; HMYOI Huntercombe; HMP Manchester; HMP/YOI Moorland; HMP Ranby; HMP Risley; HMP Swansea; HMP The Mount; HMP The Verne; HMP Wandsworth; HMP Whatton;HMP Whitemoor.
- The first national Dementia Strategy was launched on 3 February 2009, which aims to transform the quality of dementia care. It sets out initiatives designed to make the lives of people with dementia, their carers and families better and more fulfilled. Download a copy on the Department of Health website.