Notes to editors
1. For further information or interviews, please contact Beverley Cohen on 020 7307 2632.
2. The Care Services Inquiry is a major King's Fund programme focusing on care for older people in London. Almost 200 older people, carers, local authorities, the NHS and care service providers and employees are being consulted.
3. The Conservative Party announced plans for long-term care of older people on 15 December 2004.
4. The Government has promised to publish a green paper on a new vision for adult social care before the end of 2004.
5. The King's Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through grants. We are a major resource to people working in health, offering leadership and education courses; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.