Notes to editors
1. To book interviews with Richard Humphries (The King’s Fund), please contact Claire Francis, Press and Public Affairs Manager, The King’s Fund tel: 020 7307 2603 or firstname.lastname@example.org (if calling out of hours, please ring 07584 146035).
2. To book interviews with Ruth Thorlby (the Nuffield Trust), please contact Katherine Jarman at the Nuffield Trust on 020 7462 0555, or Mark Dayan on 020 7462 0538.
3. The research for this report took place between September 2015 and June 2016 and comprised a literature review; analysis of national data; semi-structured interviews with representatives from health and social care in four case study sites (including commissioners, providers and patient representatives); and narrative interviews with older people who have used social care services in recent years. The research was guided by an external reference group, which included members from ADASS, LGA, CQC, the Department of Health and representatives from health and social care provider organisations and patient advocacy groups.
4. The King's Fund is an independent charity working to improve health and care in England. We help to shape policy and practice through research and analysis; develop individuals, teams and organisations; promote understanding of the health and social care system; and bring people together to learn, share knowledge and debate. Our vision is that the best possible care is available to all.
5. The Nuffield Trust is an independent health charity. We aim to improve the quality of health care in the UK by providing evidence-based research and policy analysis and informing and generating debate.
6. The Richmond Group of Charities is a collaboration of 12 of the largest health and care charities in the UK. We come together as a collective voice to better influence health and social care policy and practice, with the aim of improving the care and support for the 15 million people living with long term conditions whom we represent. ‘Real Lives’ captures the experiences of people aged over 65 with recent experience of the social care system via seven interviews. It was commissioned in partnership with the British Red Cross and the Royal Voluntary Service. For more information about the Richmond Group of Charities, and to download a copy of ‘Real Lives’, go to www.richmondgroupofcharities.org.uk. For interviews, please contact Ben Furner on email@example.com or 07946 355795; or Chris Mahony on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07812 692722.