Notes to editors
- Foundation trust and NHS trust mergers - 2010 to 2015 is published by The King's Fund on 24 September.
- The report reviewed published information on 20 mergers between 2010 and mid-2015, including the parties' business cases where available, and reports from regulators, special administrators and the competition authorities. It also drew on interviews with a small number of senior system leaders from NHS England, the Department of Health, Monitor and the NHS Trust Development Authority.
- We collated the limited publicly available data on the financing packages for the 20 mergers in the sample; we were able to gain information on the overall packages for 12 of the mergers and more detailed information on the packages for 9 of them.
- For further information, or to request an interview, please contact the Press and Public Affairs team on 020 7307 2585 (if calling out of hours, please ring 07584 146035).
- The King's Fund is an independent charity working to improve health and health care in England. We help to shape policy and practice through research and analysis; develop individuals, teams and organisations; promote understanding of the health and social care system; and bring people together to learn, share knowledge and debate. Our vision is that the best possible care is available to all.