Notes to editors
- All figures are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2,306 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 16 - 18 April 2007. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
- Last year, Sir Derek Wanless conducted a review of social care funding for the King's Fund and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation put forward five affordable reforms as short-term practical solutions.
- You and Yours will today (Monday 7 May) air a special panel discussion on the future of social care, which took place at the first Caring Choices debate, held in Manchester on 26 April.
For further information about the Caring Choices partnership, or to request an interview with a spokesperson, contact one of the following press offices:
- Help the Aged: Sophie Davison, tel. 020 7843 1561
- Age Concern: Sam Heath, tel. 020 8765 7512
- King’s Fund: Daniel Reynolds, tel. 020 7307 2581
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation: Nasreen Memon, tel. 020 7278 9665
The Caring Choices partnership comprises of:
- King’s Fund
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Help the Aged
- Age Concern
- Association of British Insurers
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Carers UK
- Counsel and Care
- English Community Care Association
- Local Government Association
- Independent Age
- Royal College of Nursing
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
- The NHS Confederation
The forthcoming Caring Choices events taking place during 2007 will be at following dates and locations:
- Friday 25 May in Birmingham
- Friday 22 June in Bristol
- Wednesday 4 July in Edinburgh
- Thursday 13 September in Leeds
- Tuesday 23 October in Taunton
- Wednesday 14 November in London
These events are run on an invite-only basis. Those who work in health and social care and would like to attend, should contact Jo O’Rourke, event organiser, on 01273 326 165.