Notes to editors
For more information, contact:
Head of Press and Public Affairs
The King's Fund
020 7307 2594
Information about the Healthy communities together programme
- Applications for the Healthy communities together programme will open in spring 2020.
- From Friday 24 January, organisations and collaboratives interested in the programme can sign up to the Healthy communities together mailing list via The King’s Fund website.
- Applications will be open to partnerships of voluntary sector and health and care organisations working in a local area, such as a town or city.
- The programme will specifically target areas that experience the most disadvantage.
- The Healthy communities together programme has been developed with the input of charity leaders and health and care commissioners.
- The programme is expected to run for four years.
The King’s Fund is a leading independent charity working to improve health and care in England. Its new strategic priorities are to work with people in the health and care system to:
- drive improvements in health and wellbeing across places and communities
- improve health and care for people with the worst health outcomes
- support people and leaders working in health and care.
The National Lottery Community Fund is the largest funder of community activity in the UK. The organisation awards money raised by National Lottery players to communities across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Since June 2004, The National Lottery Community Fund has made over 200,000 grants and awarded over £9 billion to projects that have benefited millions of people. The organisation is passionate about funding great ideas that matter to communities and make a difference to people’s lives. At the heart of everything the organisation does is the belief that when people are in the lead, communities thrive. Thanks to the support of National Lottery players, funding is open to everyone. The National Lottery Community Fund takes pride in working with the smallest of local groups right up to UK-wide charities, enabling people and communities to bring their ambitions to life.