Notes to editors
- For further information, or to request an interview, please contact the Press and Public Affairs team on 020 7307 2585 (if calling out of hours, please ring 07584 146035).
- The King's Fund is an independent charity working to improve health and care in England. We help to shape policy and practice through research and analysis; develop individuals, teams and organisations; promote understanding of the health and social care system; and bring people together to learn, share knowledge and debate. Our vision is that the best possible health and care is available to all.
- Analysis for the report was carried out in two phases:
The first phase was conducted before the outbreak, between January and February 2020. This explored the long-term plans and strategic priorities of London’s five ICSs, and how the partnerships had developed since our previous reports.
The second phase was conducted after the first wave of Covid-19, between October and November 2020. This explored how partners in London had worked together to respond to the initial phases of the pandemic, and how Covid-19 has had an impact on the longer-term priorities for London’s five ICSs.
- Greater London Authority (2017). Better health for all Londoners: consultation on the London health inequalities strategy. London: Greater London Authority.
- The report’s authors interviewed 27 health and care leaders across London for the report as well as holding a roundtable with 15 senior leaders. While this was largely drawing on the experiences at one level of the system it shows how this leadership facilitated much progress in integrated care during the pandemic. These interviews were coupled with documentary analysis of London’s five integrated care system’s long-term plans.