Notes to editors
- For further information or interviews, please contact the King’s Fund media and public relations office on 020 7307 2585, 020 7307 2632 or 020 7307 2581. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
- Download Safe Births: Everybody’s business: Independent inquiry into the safety of maternity services in England from The King's Fund website.
- The inquiry was led by Professor Onora O’Neill, a senior figure in medical ethics and President of the British Academy. She was assisted by a number of panel members and expert advisers, selected for their expertise in areas related to health and patient safety. Further biographical details of the inquiry team are available.
- Please contact the King’s Fund press office if you would like recommended case studies of maternity units.
- The King’s Fund is grateful to the Edgar E Lawley Foundation and the Donald Forrester Trust for financial contributions towards the inquiry.
- The King’s Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through funding. We are a major resource to people working in health and social care, offering leadership development programmes; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.