Notes to editors
1. For more information about The Point of Care programme, Schwartz Center Rounds® or Experience-based Design, or for interviews please contact The King’s Fund press office on 020 7307 2585, 020 7307 2603 or 020 7307 2581. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
2. The King’s Fund seeks to understand how the health system in England can be improved. Using that insight, we help to shape policy, transform services and bring about behaviour change. Our work includes research, analysis, leadership development and service improvement. We also offer a wide range of resources to help everyone working in health to share knowledge, learning and ideas.
3. The Point of Care programme uses the Institute of Medicine’s definition of the six dimensions of patient-centred care:
- Compassion, empathy and responsiveness to needs, values and expressed preferences
- Co-ordination and integration
- Information, communication and education
- Physical comfort
- Emotional support, relieving fear and anxiety
- Involvement of family and friends.
4. The Point of Care programme is interested in hearing from individuals and organisations who share the interest in improving patients’ experience and supporting staff to give care that sees the person in the patient. To sign up for updates and get involved in the programme, go to www.kingsfund.org.uk/pointofcare