Notes to editors
1. For further information or interviews, please contact Beverley Cohen on 020 7307 2632, or on 07774 218439 or Michael Moruzzi on 020 7307 2585.
2. Managing for Health: What incentives exist for NHS managers to focus on wider health issues? is by David Hunter, professor of health policy and management at Durham University, and senior research fellow Linda Marks.
3. They were commissioned to produce the report as part of The King's Fund Putting Health First programme.
4. Hard copies of the report will available from the King's Fund from 14 February 2005 costing £15. Please call 020 7307 2591.
5. The government's public health White Paper, Choosing Health - Making healthy choices easier, was published in November 2004.
6. The King's Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through grants. We are a major resource to people working in health, offering leadership and education courses; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.