Notes to editors
- For further information, please contact The King’s Fund press and public affairs office on 020 7307 2585. If you are calling out of hours, please ring 07584 146035.
- The King’s Fund has worked with Marie Curie Cancer Care since April 2007 to evaluate its Delivering Choice Programme. The programme aims to develop services that help patients to make free and informed choices about where they're treated and where they wish to die.
- Implementing the End of Life Care Strategy: Lessons for good practice is the result of The King’s Fund working closely with three programme projects in Leeds, Lincolnshire and Somerset to understand aspects of current practice which help or hinder good quality and effective care. The paper is aimed a commissioners and providers at local levels. The lessons presented in the paper follow the 6 steps of the End of Life Care Strategy (Department of Health 2008a) to provide practical and relevant information
- The King's Fund research produced an additional report in 2008, Improving Choice at End of Life, on the Delivering Choice project in Lincolnshire that aims to help patients make free and informed choices about where they're treated and where they wish to die.
- Equity and Excellence: Liberating the NHS sets out a number of specific choice commitments around extending choice of provider and treatment in planned hospital care and, more specifically, in maternity, mental health, end of life care and long term conditions.
- The King’s Fund is a charity that seeks to understand how the health system in England can be improved. Using that insight, we help to shape policy, transform services and bring about behaviour change. Our work includes research, analysis, leadership development and service improvement. We also offer a wide range of resources to help everyone working in health to share knowledge, learning and ideas.