Notes to editors
For further information or to request an interview, please contact The King’s Fund press and public affairs office on 020 7307 2585. If you are calling out-of-hours, please ring 07584 146035. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
The Commission will be chaired by Professor Chris Ham, Chief Executive, The King’s Fund and the members are:
- Professor Ross Baker, University of Toronto
- Dame Jacqueline Docherty, Chief Executive, West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Dr Peter Hockey, Deputy Medical Director, NHS South Central and former Harkness Fellow
- Lord Tugendhat, Chair, The Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Professor Kieran Walshe, Manchester Business School
Nicholas Timmins, Public Policy Editor of the Financial Times will act as Secretary to the Commission and write the final report.
The Commissioners launched an open call for evidence on 14 October and have also commissioned analyses of trends in management and of the role of clinical and managerial leaders in improving performance. The call for evidence will close at 5pm on 10 December 2010. The final report will be launched at a conference for NHS managers and leaders in Spring 2011.
The King’s Fund is a charity that seeks to understand how the health system in England can be improved. Using that insight, we help to shape policy, transform services and bring about behaviour change. Our work includes research, analysis, leadership development and service improvement. We also offer a wide range of resources to help everyone working in health to share knowledge, learning and ideas.