Notes to editors
*At the time of chairing the group Greg Parston was Chairman of the Office for Public Management and Director of the Priory Group. He is now Director of the Institute for Public Service Value at Accenture.
- For further information or interviews, please contact the King’s Fund media and public relations office on 020 7307 2632 or 020 7307 2581. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
- The report, Designing the ‘new’ NHS: Ideas to make a supplier market in health care work, edited by Nicholas Timmins, is available for download free from Monday 5 June. For advance copies of the report please contact the King’s Fund media and public relations office.
- The working group comprised the following people:
- Victor Adebowale, Chief Executive, Turning Point
- Zenna Atkins, Chair, Portsmouth City Teaching PCT
- Robert Creighton, Chief Executive, Ealing PCT
- Mark Goldman, Chief Executive, Heart of England Foundation Trust
- Neil Goodwin, Chief Executive, Greater Manchester SHA
- Tom Hughes-Hallett, Chief Executive, Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Ed Mayo, Chief Executive, National Consumer Council
- Keith Palmer, Senior Associate, King’s Fund
- Chai Patel, Chief Executive, Priory Healthcare
- Carolyn Regan, Chief Executive, NE London SHA
- Rebecca Rosen, Senior Fellow, King’s Fund
- Bryan Sanderson CBE, Chairman, BUPA
- Michael Shaw, Chief Executive, John Grooms
- Ian Smith, Chief Executive, General HealthCare Group
- The King’s Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through funding. We are a major resource to people working in health and social care, offering leadership development programmes; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.