Notes to editors
1. For further information or interviews, please contact the King's Fund media and public relations office on 020 7307 2585, 020 7307 2581 or 07831 554927. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
2. Download The War on Waiting for Hospital Treatment: What has Labour achieved and what challenges remain? by Anthony Harrison and John Appleby. Media can request a free copy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
3. John Appleby is chief economist at the King's Fund. John has researched and published widely on many aspects of health service funding, rationing, resource allocation and performance. He previously worked as an economist with the NHS in Birmingham and London, and at the universities of Birmingham and East Anglia as Senior Lecturer in health economics. He is a visiting Professor at the department of economics at City University. John has just finished an independent review of health and social care provision in Northern Ireland.
4. Anthony Harrison is a fellow in Health Policy at the King's Fund. He has published extensively on the future of hospital care in the UK, the private finance initiative and waiting list management, and has recently published a study of publicly funded research and development.
5. The King's Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through grants. We are a major resource to people working in health, offering leadership and education courses; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.