Notes to editors
1. For further information or interviews, please contact the King's Fund media and public relations office on 020 7307 2585, 020 7307 2632 or 020 7307 2581. For out-of-hours enquiries, please contact 07774 218439 or 07831 554927. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
2. The authors of the paper are:
- Arturo Alvarez-Rosete, Researcher, King’s Fund
- Gwyn Bevan, Professor of Management Science, Department of Operational Research, London School of Economics & Political Science
- Nicholas Mays, Professor of Health Policy, Health Services Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Jennifer Dixon, Director of Policy, King’s Fund.
3. The King's Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through funding. We are a major resource to people working in health, offering leadership development programmes; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.