Notes to editors
For further information, please contact The King’s Fund press and public affairs office on 020 7307 2603 or 020 7307 2581.
The judging panel included:
- George Alagiah OBE, BBC presenter
- Martha Lane Fox, e-business woman and charity trustee
- Niall Dickson, Chief Executive, The King’s Fund
- Veronica Wadley, Editor, Evening Standard
- Ruth Carnall CBE, Chief Executive, NHS London
- Professor Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS Medical Director
- Dame Jacqueline Docherty, Director of Nursing at King’s College Hospital
The King’s Fund seeks to understand how the health system in England can be improved. Using that insight, we help to shape policy, transform services and bring about behaviour change. Our work includes research, analysis, leadership development and service improvement. We also offer a wide range of resources to help everyone working in health to share knowledge, learning and ideas.
NHS London is the Strategic Health Authority for the Greater London Area. It has overall responsibility for the performance of 31 primary care trusts (PCTs), 24 acute trusts, three mental health trusts and the London Ambulance Service.