Notes to editors
1. For further information or interviews, please contact Daniel Reynolds at The King's Fund media and public relations office on 020 7307 2632 or 07774 218439 or Michael Moruzzi on 020 7307 2585.
2. The National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, based at Manchester University, published its evaluation of the American Evercare project, currently being piloted in 10 primary care trusts in England, today. The full interim report can be downloaded at www.npcrdc.man.ac.uk.
3. Case management involves providing tailored-care to people identified as being most at risk of hospital admission and is seen as a key weapon in the battle to reduce emergency hospital bed days by five per cent between 2003/4 to 2008.
4. In November the King's Fund published Case-Managing Long-Term Conditions: What impact does it have on the treatment of older people, by Ruth Hutt, Rebecca Rosen and Janet McCauley.
5. The King's Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through grants. We are a major resource to people working in health, offering leadership and education courses; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.