Notes to editors
For further information, embargoed copies of the report or interviews, please contact The King’s Fund press and public affairs office on 020 7307 2585, 020 7307 2632 or 020 7307 2581. An ISDN line is available for interviews on 020 7637 0185.
The King’s Fund is an independent charitable foundation working for better health, especially in London. We carry out research, policy analysis and development activities, working on our own, in partnerships, and through funding. We are a major resource to people working in health and social care, offering leadership development programmes; seminars and workshops; publications; information and library services; and conference and meeting facilities.
Making it Happen: Next steps in NHS reform is free to download. This paper is the report of an expert working group established by The King’s Fund to examine the systems and incentives involved in the current NHS reforms in England, and their state of play, as a contribution to Lord Darzi’s NHS Next Stage Review. The members of the group were as follows:
- Alasdair Liddell, Senior Associate, The King’s Fund (Chair)
- John Appleby, Chief Economist, The King’s Fund
- Penny Dash, independent consultant and Trustee, The King's Fund
- Anna Dixon, Acting Director of Policy, The King’s Fund
- Mike Farrar , Chief Executive, NHS North West
- David Mobbs, Chief Executive, Nuffield Hospitals
- Keith Palmer, Chair, Barts and The London NHS Trust
- Stephen Thornton, Chief Executive, The Health Foundation
- Nick Timmins, Public Policy Editor, the Financial Times (Rapporteur)