Our vision is that the best possible health and care is available to all. Help us make it happen.
The King's Fund is an independent charity working to improve health and care in England. We help to shape policy and practice through research and analysis; develop individuals, teams and organisations; promote understanding of the health and social care system; and bring people together to learn, share knowledge and debate. Our vision is that the best possible health and care is available to all. We have a high profile and strong reputation for influencing health and care policy, providing leadership development and producing excellent communications.
About the role
If you are an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who has great all-round infrastructure skills across cloud, network, server and applications then this is a fantastic opportunity. We’re looking for someone who will bring their own skills and wants to develop and expand and who is both technical and people focused.
We have adopted cloud computing and have some services run from our premises. We need a skilled IT professional to take responsibility for our IT support function, get involved in IT infrastructure and network projects, help us maintain our Cyber Essentials Plus certification and develop solutions as we expand our Azure presence. You will also be experienced enough to work on IT network and server infrastructure tasks unaided, under the direction of the IT Operations Manager.
Motivated and reliable, you enjoy working with end-users, our venue guests and third-party tenants to provide them with high quality services. You'll be responsible for using your experience to resolve technical challenges, lead projects and mentor your colleagues as well as be involved in maintaining and supporting physical and Azure Cloud infrastructure services, ensuring its security, availability and reliability as well as day to day incident and problem management.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of:
- Network Management including LAN, WAN and WLAN.
- Network protocols and methodologies
- Security including monitoring and alerting.
- Virtual and physical Server Infrastructure including Windows Server, Linux, vCenter, ESXI and Azure.
- Endpoint management including Windows 10/11, SCCM, Endpoint Manager and AutoPilot
- Voice and comms including Teams telephony and meeting room devices.
- End user support in a Windows environment both remotely and onsite, providing clear and concise guidance and assistance
- System hardening, patch management and vulnerability lifecycle management
You will also have experience of working within agreed governance frameworks, e.g. data protection, health and safety, safe systems of work etc.
It will be beneficial if you have:
- experience of Planning and delivery of cloud migration and design
- network certifications e.g. CCNA, CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network
- Microsoft Certifications e.g. Microsoft Azure and/or Microsoft 365 administration
- Cyber Security certifications/knowledge e.g. SSCP or CISSP
- knowledge of Cisco/Sophos UTM
- experience of Extreme Networks including Cloud IQ
- Virtualization including VMWare, vCenter, ESXI and Veeam
With your technical skills comes real customer focus. Motivated and organised, you work well with people and understand their different needs. Whether working with the team or on your own, you have a keen eye for detail and take pride in a job well done.
Our premises in London are open for staff. We are in the process of developing our working patterns to incorporate hybrid working which we expect to include some time working from the office each week (currently 2 days a week) to better deliver our work and support our colleagues and clients.
How to apply
To apply, please read our supplementary guidance documents, then download and fill in our application form. For further information, please email: email@example.com.
- Application form
- Application guidance
- Application guidance (large print)
- Equal opportunities monitoring form
- Equal opportunities supplementary information
- Equal opportunities supplementary information (large print)
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday 25 May at noon. Late applications will not be considered.
Please note that in order to apply, you must have documented proof of your right to live and work in the UK. Please do not send CVs. Applications must be submitted using The King’s Fund application form. No agencies please.
Interviews will be held week commencing 6 June 2022 at The King’s Fund’s offices in central London.
We regret that we cannot respond individually to all applicants due to the high number of applications we receive. If you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview. Please note that we are unable to offer feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.