Participants heard about:
- how the health and care landscape is changing and how commissioning organisations are adapting to mergers
- how commissioners are using learning from Covid-19 in their plans for health and care as England emerges from the pandemic
- the evolving role of provider collaboratives and the new role for commissioners within this new model
- how to commission for outcomes and how commissioning can act as a tool to tackle health inequalities
- how to commission in partnership with the voluntary and community sector and how to build integrated services at place level, working closely with the local government
- how to upskill commissioners and prepare them for their new role with ICSs.