About this online event
The NHS needs to make more of its relationship with partners and fellow service providers to help deliver better health and wellbeing and greater efficiencies for service users and local communities.
Building on our event in March, this live online event explored the benefits that one of these partners, the housing sector, can bring to health economies.
- David Buck, Senior Fellow, Public Health and Inequalities, The King's Fund
- Merron Simpson, Chief Executive, New NHS Alliance
- Rachael Byrne, Executive Director, Care and Support, Home Group.
Topics covered in the session include:
- an understanding of the subtle but important differences in how the health and housing sectors use and value ‘evidence’ and ‘health economics’ in their decision making
- lessons from case studies where housing associations have been successful in using ‘health economics’ with the health sector
- insight into what elements are required to make a good business case to health partners
- a stronger understanding of why health and housing sometimes 'miss each other' and how to address this in local relationships.