This conference examined the key role that AHPs play in working across organisational boundaries; cutting across and delivering services differently in the following areas: prevention, public health services and integrated out-of-hospital care.
The following key issues were addressed:
- how AHPs can work best with commissioners and other health and care professionals
- boosting AHPs’ powers to prescribe drugs to relieve pressure on primary care
- how do we tackle workforce development issues for AHPs?
- best practice examples of AHPs working as part of multi‐disciplinary teams to improve outcomes in intermediate and community care, and for patients with long‐term conditions
- how do we ensure that we commission a workforce that respects the commissioning aspirations of CCGs but also the workforce needs of employers?
- what opportunities exist for AHPs to engage in conversations about public health teams?