Present your work
You are invited to present the progress and impact of your projects under one of the themes indicated below.
Accepted projects will get a presentation slot at a breakout session at the congress. Acceptance will be based on innovation, scaleability, and evidence of impact on the health and wellbeing of the community.
Please note: We want to give as many public sector and third sector colleagues the opportunity to present as possible. If you are from a commercial organisation working in partnership with an NHS, local government, or third sector organisation, we encourage you to submit a project alongside your partner and ask your partner organisation to present or co-present with you.
Authors are invited to submit under the following themes:
- Communities and our health behaviours and lifestyles
- Communities and the wider determinants of health
- Communities and an integrated health and care system
What to include in your submission
- How your project has been innovative in its design or delivery
- how your project is scaleable and/or replicable elsewhere
- the evidence of impact on the health and wellbeing of the communities you serve
- where there has been place-based working locally between organisations and sectors
- where projects have been co-produced with local communities.
All papers must be submitted by Friday 31 May 2019.
If your project is accepted for presentation, there will be a maximum of 1 free speaker place allocated. Any additional speaker places must be purchased at a discounted rate. We are unable to subsidise the travel or accommodation of any participant seeking to make a presentation.
How to submit your project
- Please go to www.conftool.pro/community-best-medicine-2019 and follow the submission instructions
- Enter names and details of the presenting authors, including job titles and organisations
- Indicate whether your project is new or developing work or completed work with evaluation
- Indicate which of the themes you are submitting under
- Include a 500 word submission describing your project, including: introduction, aims and objectives, method, results, conclusions.
How your abstract is reviewed
We have a scientific committee who will be reviewing all of the submitted abstracts. Each abstract is reviewed by two different reviewers and their final score is based on the combination of both reviews. Reviewers will be looking at quality of content, significance to theory or practice, relevance to the themes of the congress, originality and innovation.
All submissions will be reviewed by the congress scientific committee and you will be e-mailed notification of the results of your submission by Monday 15 June 2019.
Sponsorship and exhibition
Engage with leaders and decision-makers from across the health and care sector by sponsoring or exhibiting at this event. To find out more, please email Danielle Roche or call her on 020 7307 2482 to discuss the opportunities available.
Early bird tickets
Early bird rates expire on 14 June 2019. Book now.
Bursaries for patients and carers
We offer a limited number of bursary (free) places for our conferences. These are reserved for patients and carers. To apply for a bursary for this event, please send us an email.
Can I pay by invoice?
Yes. Please select your tickets and once you're through to the registration form, you can amend the 'payment method' from credit card to 'pay by invoice'. Please note, there is a £20 surcharge to cover the cost of processing invoices. This is in addition to the ticket price and will be added to your invoice. There is no charge for paying by debit or credit card.