How will you benefit from this programme?
This programme will help you to develop your leadership practice, and in particular to:
- cultivate a culture of care and strengthen your ability to respond with compassion in difficult situations
- be more mentally and emotionally present in your leadership role
- develop your own mindfulness practice
- develop more effective and genuine relationships
- strengthen your emotional intelligence
- learn feedback methods that can be used in one-to-one and team situations to strengthen collaboration.
What will you do on this programme?
The programme is made up of four modules, each a month apart, two of which are residential. It integrates mindfulness practices with current and future approaches to leadership.
Professor Michael West, who has published extensively on cultures of compassion in health care, and Dr Jonty Heaversedge, Southwark CCG chair and author of The Mindful Manifesto, will be keynote speakers on the programme.
You will be supported to put these skills into practice in between sessions through access to a range of online materials, including an app. You will also form groups with your peers with whom you will maintain contact between modules (with at least one face-to-face session).
You will be working in small groups in between modules, focusing on the real work-based situations that you encounter.
If you are interested in learning more about mindfulness practice or compassionate leadership we recommend the following: