How will you benefit from this programme?
- Growth in self-knowledge, confidence and belief in your own leadership capacity and potential
- Enhanced knowledge of the challenges facing all health and social care organisations and of the application of appropriate leadership responses
- An understanding of the financial drivers that underpin independent health care organisations
- An understanding of the leadership implications of the new regulatory environment
- The establishment of a community of practice to provide support and learning.
What will you do on this programme?
The programme will consist of three modules over five months.
Module 1 – Your personal leadership style (3 days)
In this module you will explore personal leadership styles and behaviours, enabling you to better understand your personal leadership approach , increase self awareness and develop strategies to become more resilient. You will also cover strategic thinking, horizon scanning and professionalism in practice. Finally, you will look at the wider health care policy context and what it means for the role of the independent sector.
Module 2 – Leading through quality relationships (2 days)
In this higly interactive module you will focus on developing influencing techniques, handling difficult colleagues and enhancing your personal and organisational impact. You will explore how to create open and transparent cultures though compassionate leadership and look in depth at ways to engage staff using collective leadership approaches. You will also look at how you can develop more collaborative relationships with patients, as partners, to improve patient experience.
Module 3 – Leading for quality improvement, safety and innovation (2 days)
In this module you will explore the leadership implications of the CQC well-led domain and the leadership required for quality improvement, safety and innovation. You will look at how to lead impactful change and apply this learning though simulation, case studies, group work and role play.