- Posted:Wednesday 18 June 2014
The RT Hon Stephen Dorrell MP talks about the challenges of NHS reform – which he defines as not about changing structures but about ensuring the service delivered reflects the needs of patients and service users. He describes how access to health care is intrinsically political, with the role of politicians to be accountable for commissioning.
More on reforming the NHS
- Catch up with talks from our Reforming the NHS from within event
- Read the report: Reforming the NHS from within
- Explore our interactive diagram: Visualising reform in the NHS
- Read Chris Ham's Health Service Journal article: Commitment to change the NHS must come from within