- Posted:Monday 22 February 2010
On Monday 22 February, Leader of the Liberal Democrats, Nick Clegg, visited The King's Fund to speak on his proposals for health and social care reform.
A number of proposals were announced:
- A week's respite for carers working over 50 hours a week.
- A new commission to reach cross-party consensus on social care reform.
- Abolishing strategic health authorities and replacing primary care trusts with locally elected health boards.
- Integration of health and social care to avoid duplication of services and create a simpler system for patients.