Professor Sir Mike Richards, Chief Inspector for Hospitals, Care Quality Commission, introduces the CQC's new hospital inspection programme which will be used to assess all acute NHS hospital trusts/foundation trusts in England by December 2015. The inspections will assess whether a trust is safe, effective, caring, responsive to patients’ needs and well-led.
More from the transforming patient experience conference
- Anya de Iongh: Hearing the patient voice
- Charles Ellis: Reflections and personal experience from a patient
- Hiro Tanaka: Putting patient experience at the centre of clinical practice
- Neil Churchill: Patients at the heart of the agenda
- Julie Hendry: Creating a culture to ensure good patient safety, quality and experience
- The 2013 Transforming patient experience conference provided a forum for leaders, clinical and managerial staff to come together to explore the possibilities for achieving truly patient-centred care in today’s NHS