Mike Cooke, Chief Executive of Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, spoke at our conference, Patient voice and power in the new NHS.
Mike drew on his experience both as a leader within the NHS and as a service user, stressing the importance of openness from leadership and the involvement of patients in their care and in health care research. Mike advocated for a cultural transformation to help this happen.
More from the patient voice and power conference
- David Gilbert: Moving towards a model of patient leadership
- Dominic Makuvachuma-Walker: Giving the patient voice the power
- Marc Bush: Making better use of patients' experiences
- Harry Cayton: Developing patient leaders to drive change
- The 2013: Patient voice and power in the new NHS conference, looked at the voices of patients and lay people in the NHS and explored the ways in which patients can add value to the health and social care system
- Tweets from the event