- Posted:Wednesday 04 June 2014
Michael West, Senior Fellow at The King's Fund, explains that to continually improve health and social care, we must design collective leadership into NHS strategy – encouraging the participation and involvement of all NHS staff.
Collective leadership is a leadership in which all staff take responsibility for ensuring high quality patient care and all are accountable – for example, by speaking up when they see unsafe or inappropriate behaviour, regardless of the seniority of the staff concerned.
Download the transcript from this presentation:
More on NHS leadership and management
- Read Michael's blog: Collective leadership: fundamental to creating the cultures we need in the NHS
- Catch up with more highlights from our annual NHS leadership and management summit
- Read the report: Developing collective leadership for health care
- View the results from our leadership survey: Culture and leadership in the NHS
See more of our work on NHS leadership