- Posted:Wednesday 27 November 2013
Dr Mark Britnell, Chairman and Partner, Global Health Practice KPMG, asks whether we need to follow a model of transaction (doing things better) or transformation (doing better things) to improve the NHS.
Mark explained that most leaders in the developed health care world believe their own organisations are fine and it is the system that needs changing. This inevitably creates a barrier to improvements.
More from The King's Fund's Annual Conference 2013
- Sir Bruce Keogh: Review of urgent and emergency care
- Bill Wright: High quality, safe and efficient care, the Kaiser Permanente Connect Experience
- Ceinwen Giles: What patients really want
- Brent James: Achieving transformational change: how to become a high performing organisation
- James Titcombe: Can we learn from our mistakes and make genuine improvements in the NHS?