- Posted:Thursday 24 April 2014
Kate Barker, Chair of the Commission on the Future of Health and Social Care in England, introduces the findings of the commission's interim report at our launch event.
Kate explains that the interim report is about choice: the commissioners are putting forward a number of hard choices for politicians and the public to make about health and social care. The final report will be based on evidence and opinions on these choices, calling for an option that is sustainable, that balances collective and independent responsibility and that responds to the needs and preferences of service users and their carers.
More on the commission
- Find out more about the Commission on the Future of Health and Social Care in England
- Read the commission's interim report
- Catch up with the highlights from the interim report launch
- Read Dominic Stenning's blog